Friday, August 26, 2011

My Igloo home

Recently I moved into a new flat in the Wynberg area; I have never lived in a place as cold as this flat is. Some days I can hardly sit at the desk to do assignments because it feels like my fingers will freeze and break. I have been using more than one pair of socks and the hot water bottle has been a good friend. Winter jackets and gloves are being used inside the house often. Inside the flat it is actually colder than outside!
 
Today I found out the reason for all that cold. Apparently there is a river running underneath the building! Now it actually makes a lot of sense since there is a little river/pond garden like area in the middle of the building. I just always thought that it was part of the landscaping, not an actual river.
 
Well, I guess we learn something new every day, now “check if there is a river running underneath the building” has made it to my list of “house search criteria”.

1 comment:

  1. Hi! We would like to ask your permission to reprint the photo of an igloo that was posted on this webpage. The image will be included in a grade school textbook that will be distributed in the Philippines. Thank you.

    ReplyDelete