Friday, March 11, 2011

Fish falling from the sky


When I first read this title I immediately thought of a saying that we use in Brazil where the straight translation would be “it is going to be raining pocket knives”. This is a turn of phrase we use that means that something that is considered impossible to happen does indeed happen. If the pocket knife is open, then it is a true a miracle. Well, a fish falling from the sky is also kind of… impossible.

During this week it seems that most of the PR Btech students are hoping for some “fish to fall from the sky”. You just see all around on twitter, facebook, blogs and even by their facial expressions the sentence “so much to do, so little time”. Although we can also see the word procrastination, varying synonyms of it and acts of procrastination all around. I am by no means saying that I am not guilty of it, but I find that I work more efficiently and effectively with a little bit of pressure.  Nevertheless there is a fine line between working under pressure and losing control of everything. Time management together with a “To Do” list can help you enormously.

At the moment I am also wishing for some fish to fall from the sky and make the weekend three days long. I guess my fish will fall soon…

1 comment: