Friday, November 4, 2011

Almost there


I must say that it has been very difficult to concentrate lately, particularly when I think of how much longer we have to go until we finish the year! Over the last few weeks I’ve found myself feeling very anxious and finding it hard to concentrate. One and a half weeks to go until we are on holiday! Can you believe it? A time that, not long ago, seemed so far away and couldn’t come soon enough is now around the corner.

I can almost feel the sense of accomplishment, not only for finishing this year, but also to graduate and being the first member of my immediate family to do so. But I can also feel the anxiety of waiting for the results and the certainty of the job being done. There is also a feeling of “now what”?! For me, and most of the part-time students, it is a prize to have our time back with our families and for the full time students the pressure of entering into the job market.

Even though the degree is finished, I am sure that we will all always be learning and that I will definitely start on some courses that have been on my wish list for a while, but it will definitely not be the same as these last few years have been.

No comments:

Post a Comment