Monday, October 10, 2011

Time to work out

Summer is around the corner and we all want to get into shape at the last minute, just like last year. My goal is to take part on the Two Oceans half marathon at the end of summer, but before I do that I have some other milestones to reach along the way. 

This week I registered for a 10km walk that is taking place on the 30th of October and a 20km walk that is taking place on the 13th of November. Looking back at my last experiences, these two walks will be challenges in themselves. The last 10km walk I took part in (about a month ago) left my body aching for a week! I definitely need to get fit. The last 20km walk I participated in was when I used to walk 10km easily and after the 20km walk I couldn't walk for a few days! 

I guess that I had better start my training this week because now I can't "run" away from it, the dates are set! 

No comments:

Post a Comment